Have you ever noticed that a deck of playing cards (in its modern form) emulates a calendar? There are:
- 52 weeks in a year - 52 cards in a deck
- 13 weeks in each season - 13 cards in each suit
- 4 seasons in a year - 4 suits
- 12 months in a year - 12 court cards; and
- red cards represent day, black cards represent night.
Can you answer the following? Answers (& more trivia) next week...
1. Where and when were playing cards invented?
2. Why is bridge called bridge?
3. What do the four suits in a pack of playing cards represent?